- Last week, we marked the 40th anniversary of the first Earth Day, which helped create a groundswell of concern about our environment and initiate nearly countless efforts to take better care it, for current and future generations. Now, 40 years later, we’re looking at a new era in which renewable energy and energy efficiency can not only significantly better our environment and reduce our carbon footprint, but also save homeowners, businesses and governments billions in energy costs and make us more energy-independent.
The first Solar and Wind Expo will help advance renewable energy in Maryland and the mid-Atlantic by connecting homeowners, businesses and government agencies with solar, wind and geothermal energy providers, all in one location. In addition, attendees will be able to learn about – and experience – renewable energy in many other ways at the Expo. Here’s a rundown of some of the many exciting things visitors to this innovative, three-day event will be able to do:
- See, touch and learn about solar, wind and geothermal energy devices directly from top manufacturers, and suppliers.
- Attend informative seminars all weekend long on solar, wind and geothermal energy, green building design, renewable energy financing and much more.
- Tour the “Living Zero Home,” an educational modular home that toured the U.S. last year, for great ideas on how to save energy and money.
- Hear keynote speaker Bob Dixson, the inspirational mayor of Greensburg, Kansas, tell how his town is rebuilding “all-green” after being devastated by a tornado just three short years ago, in May 2007.
- Let your children participate in the fun and educational “Solar and Wind Expo Renewable Energy Scavenger Hunt.”
- See electric vehicles, including the all-electric Tesla sports car and the Extreme Bug-E, a three-wheeled, solar/electric motorcycle, which is being unveiled at the Expo before crossing the U.S.
- Take home one of a number of great door prizes, including a nifty, all-electric Motorino scooter.
- Buy a ticket for a chance to win a $1.9 million solar home, a 2010 Honda Insight hybrid or a number of other wonderful prizes in Maryland Public Television’s “Green Home Raffle.”
- Catch a ride in an all-electric E-Cruiser from the parking lot to the Expo.
make green a reality!